Thursday, June 19, 2008

Euro Slacker

Christ, fell behind with the Euro Championship coverage which is a bit of a pain in the arse. I blame it on the excessively hot weather in New York plus the fact that I've actually been watching the games. In those circumstances, how does anyone actually get the opportunity to blog?

I guess I'll try and pick up the coverage again with the quarter finals but those are famous last words from this blog . . . until the next time.

I'll finish the post with some predictions. That way, if he get it totally wrong that can explain any forthcoming embarrassed silence with regards to the Euro Championship:

  • Portugal 3-1 Germany
  • Croatia 0-2 Turkey
  • Netherlands 2-1 Russia
  • Spain 1-0 Italy
  • With regards to the last prediction, that is total wishful thinking on my part. No desire to see Italy anywhere close to the latter stages of the tournament. Why? One name: Buffon. I hate that prick.

    5 comments:

    Will said...

    On Buffon -- spot on -- what the fuck is going on with his poncey neck attire? What a fucking knobend.

    Imposs1904 said...

    Who wrote 3-1 to portugal? I think someone just hacked my blog!

    Reidski said...

    Cannot believe Germany beat Portugal - what the fuck was that all about?

    J.J said...

    Reidski said...

    Cannot believe Germany beat Portugal - what the fuck was that all about?


    Well some blame Scolari, some blame Ronaldo. I blame the fact that you stood to win £100 if Portugal won the tournament.

    And Darren - bloody hackers!

    Imposs1904 said...

    Reidski,

    you bet against Spain? That noise you can hear is the cheering crowds in Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona on hearing the news. ;-)

    Portugal bottled it. Ronaldo is the best player in the world? Not from my armchair, he wasn't.

    Scolari should have played Nani earlier. He ran the German defence ragged.