Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Scumwatch

I can't help but feel that Peter Lazenby hits the nail on the head in the final quote from Matthew Taylor's article in today's Guardian on the sinister and disturbing website, Redwatch:

"I feel a degree of anger against the authorities that they have done nothing about this site. They have said repeatedly that there is nothing that can be done, but I simply don't believe them. We have quite rightly managed to close down paedophile sites and others that are deemed unacceptable, and I am sure that if Redwatch was targeting the richest 100 people in the country, it would be swiftly dealt with". [My emphasis.]

Lazenby's anger against the authorities is understandable in light of the fact that he is one of individuals targetted on the fascist website due to his work as a journalist for the Yorkshire Evening Post, reporting on the far right.


UPDATE

The scum behind Redwatch.

9 comments:

Bill said...

Darren - look at the London section, you'll recognise a few faces...

ajohnstone said...

Scroll down the Scotreds section and you will find yours truly supping beer from a can with 2 friends from work . One of the May-days .
Should we be offended that the SPGB lit-stall was never featured ?

Imposs1904 said...

Bill,

Do they know that they're featured?

Perhaps it would be wise to have a quiet word?

Alan,

I'd have been more surprised if they had a photo of you without a beer can in your hand. ;-)

Bill said...

I've passed a message on - one of them is an ex-member, and the otehr features prominently on a wikipedia article anyway, so I doubt he's botehred, but one taken on a stall outside HO worries me a little...

Imposs1904 said...

I think if I was a member of the Millies I would also be concerned that on the same page it appears that someone took a number of pictures at one of their youth day schools.

It may just be pictures that a fascist has lifted from a SPEW/CWI website, but it doesn't look like it.

Bill said...

That seems to be part of the tick - one of the scotland pictures looks like it's in someone's house (the lassie in the Wob t-shirt) - intimidation. Frankly, it works - spooks me.

Imposs1904 said...

Totally understand.

I was spooked when I discovered I was on their one time, and it wasn't my picture just a chopped up email from the UK Left Network that happened to have my name in it.

gray said...

Give yourself an ulcer :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyMNogoEgz0

Admin said...

I consider being on Redwatch to be a sort of badge of pride - although my very low-key activities hardly merit such an accolade.

Nice to see someone else using Gang of Four lyrics on a blog by the way!