Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday's Playlist #18 - It's a G-Thing

An ongoing series:

  • Paris, 'Guerrilla Funk' (Guerrilla Funk)
  • Kristen Vigard, 'God Give Me Strength' mp3 (Grace Of My Heart Soundtrack)
  • Cher, 'Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves' (Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves)
  • The Stranglers, 'Golden Brown' (La Folie)
  • Japan, 'Ghosts' (Tin Drum)
  • Liberty X, 'Got To Have Your Love' (Thinking It Over)
  • Robert Wyatt & Cristina Dona, 'Goccia'
  • Violent Femmes, 'Gone Daddy Gone' (Violent Femmes)
  • Electronic, 'Getting Away with It' (Get the Message - The Best of Electronic)
  • Microdisney, 'Give Me All Your Clothes' mp3 (Crooked Mile)
  • As you might have guessed, there's a theme - or rather a meme - to this week's playlist. The alphabetised meme was found via here, and hat tip to Will for pointing me in the direction of that particular blog. Even if I did get off at the wrong stop. Apologies Will.

    A couple of the songs are available as mp3s for a limited time. Both class tracks, and after hearing them you'll be compelled to go out and buy the back catalogues. The finders fee can be determined at a later date.

    Next Tagees?

    The usual suspects: Vic Davidson; Patrik Fitzgerald; Sarah Silverman; Mooey and Tegan . . . Sara Nicole Atkins.

    3 comments:

    Reidski said...

    Goccia - what a beautiful, beautiful song. Saw Christina Dona supporting Mark Eitzel and Queen Elizabeth Hall a few years ago during Robert Wyatt's Meltdown - what a fucking brilliant night that was!

    Imposs1904 said...

    Agreed it's a beautiful song. I was tempted to make it available as a mp3 download*, but I knew that I would be uploading Robert Wyatt tracks in the future so I thought I'd keep my powder dry.

    Have you heard Wyatt's new album yet. The bloke's class in a glass. (or should that be debonair in a wheelchair?)

    Nice review of the latest album in the latest issue of the arts magazine Brooklyn Rail.

    *Downloads are made available for sampling purposes only. Buy the back catalogue.

    bob said...

    I thought R was a hard letter - I think G is harder. I'm trying to decide on whether to accept your criteria and eliminate my "the" songs , because thinking up my list was hard enough.

    Anyway, I like your list. It's been a while since I listened to Microdisney - that persuaded me to dig through my casettes.