Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Right Side

  • Celtic 3-0 Dundee United
  • Celtic are back on top of the league on goal difference from R*ngers, after their Saturday afternoon stroll against Dundee Utd. Not a classy performance by any means, but heartening to see that McDonald's hat-trick was made up of classic sniffer striker goals. We need someone who can score bitty goals like that after Miller's trip south.

    It's difficult to assess how they will do against AC Milan tonight with a first-gear performance like that against a very disappointing Dundee Utd side but I'm sure even Reidski will have to admit that McGeady looked busy down the right for Celtic, and I'm spinning the fact that both Donati and Brown had quietish games to suggest that tonight they will be playing more up to speed against classier opposition.

    I know I'm a stuck record but I'll say it: Strachan should give Riordan a chance against top drawer opposition like Milan. He's just the sort of arrogant so and so, who would thrive against such tough opposition. I know I haven't got a chance in hell of that happening, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

    Looking at the other games from the SPL this weekend on Scotsport, I do wonder how much longer Motherwell will be able to hold onto David Clarkson, and whether or not Stuart Dougal was wearing his Green Harp boxer shorts whilst giving those two dodgy penalty decision to Hibs on Saturday?

    No comments: