Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thought I'd write a post to annoy someone

I was going to write a short blog about Simple Minds, but whilst undertaking my extensive research to flesh out the piece I spotted this instead via the original - I guess, the working - script of High Fidelity:

A few minutes later - ROB AND DICK stand behind the counter. ROB holds a CD in his hand, and surveys the roaming customers with a semi-serious air of authority.

ROB: I will now sell four copies of Cats and Dogs by the Royal Trux.

DICK: Do it. Do it.

ROB pops the CD in and it begins to play... He stands there with his arms folded, waiting. After a moment, a Customer approaches.

CUSTOMER: (re: music) What is this?

ROB: It's the Royal Trux.

CUSTOMER: It's great.

ROB: I know.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that Royal Trux's 'Inside Game' is featured later on in the film but it's not the same, is it? The Beta Band will always be associated with that film, whilst for most of us it will always be Royal who?

2 comments:

Kara said...

Whatever. Royal Trux rules!

Imposs1904 said...

Who?