Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Che's in Fashion* #2

How's that for a coincidence. Just rifling through those half finished sentences and random photgraphs that were going to be posts on the blog, but were left languishing in draft, and I stumble across this much better *homage* to the "asthma sufferer"** from Argentina.

There was no text accompanying this pic of Ricky Gervais, so I have no idea why I was going to blog about him or what I was going to say. I'll hazard a guess that the photo is some promotional fluff from when he was doing his stand up show, 'Politics', a few years back. (The unfinished post dates back to July 2004!)

Is Gervais at all left-wing? Absolutely no idea, but as I'm desperate to finish this post I'll make a case that his fictional sitcom, When the Whistle Blows, is his subtle homage to Colin Welland's classic Play for Today drama, 'Leeds United'. Bollocks, I know, but it'll do as a closer.

*Punned after this song. I hate it when I have to explain my puns, but I can't help but underestimate the intelligence of my readership. You are, after all, reading this shite.

**Hat tip to the SFA's 'Herman Loves Pauline'

2 comments:

Reidski said...

Warning: If offended by genital insults, don't read on:

Don't know if he's left-wing, not really sure what left-wing means (Galloway, Lydnsey German? I don't consider either left-wing!), but anyway, he does mention in Politics how he studied philosophy and, when signing up for the marxism option, three out of the 10 students were wearing berets. He goes on: "We had a word for those kind of people - cunts!"
Well, I laughed.

Your mention of Leeds United reminds me of a song of the same name on Luke Haines's new CD - did I mention I'm going to see him?

Imposs1904 said...

Wait up, you're getting to go see Luke Haines whilst I'm not?

Were you one of those three students who was wearing a beret in Ricky Gervais's Philosophy class? ;-)

Erm, did I really write that out loud?