Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bronze Frippery

A couple of months ago on the blog I thought I was being cute when I posted a still from early doors Brookside with the accompanying sub-heading of a 'Early promo pic of Goldfrapp*'.

Living as we do in a just universe, my studied smart arsery was rewarded with zero comments. Lesson never learned.

But that's enough about me and my blogging woes. Via his sterling work of delving through the back issues of ZigZag magazine, H over at Cactus Mouth Informer has unearthed an article from'83 about Alison Goldfrapp's first band, Fashionable Living Death.

Click on for pics of a teenage Alison Goldfrapp, working with political skits, tales of the deepest south coast of England that would have had the late Thomas Hardy wincing in recognition, and an early mention of Moby. No, not that Moby. Another one.

No comments: