Thursday, August 10, 2006

Quote of a Late Day

"Now, 75 years later in an abundant society where people have laptops, cell phones, iPods, and minds like empty rooms, I still plod along with books. Instant information is not for me. I prefer to search library stacks because when I work to learn something, I remember it." - Harper Lee

Totally love this quote, and that's despite the fact that I am the poster boy for people who have minds like empty rooms. Naturally, I didn't find this quote in amongst the library stacks, but stumbled across it on someone's MySpace profile.

Whatever.

1 comment:

Laura-Marie said...

This reminds me of the "if you work hard for something, you'll appreciate it" argument which has kids mowing lots of lawns to buy a car. Until they say "fuck it" and start seeling drugs, which is so much faster than mowing lawns.