Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Iconic Signs

I don't think it's coincidental that in the same few days that there are reports all over the media about Fidel Castro temporarily stepping down as Cuba's dictator benevolent and beloved leader major pain in the arse to successive US administrations, whilst he recovers from surgery, and the news that Mel Gibson, director of 'The Passion of Christ', and the man with the first recorded case in medical history of temporary anti-semitism brought on by chugging a bottle of tequila, there is news of this incident of vandalism and/or agistencilism on a religious cave painting in Argyll, Scotland.

I think it's a sign . . . religious or dialectical, I don't know. Or maybe it's just a sign that I spent too long out in the sun today on what was the hottest day of the year so far in New York. Apparently, it's going to be even hotter tomorrow, possibly topping 110 degrees in some parts of the city. I better get the headgear in place for protection from both the heat and against conspiracy theories that may pop into my head as a consequence of the increased gamma rays.

No comments: