Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Next 30 Day Song Challenge - day 12

Day 12 - A song from an album with amazing cover artwork

Don't ask me why, but I've always been very much taken by the artwork for the 1981 Au Pairs album, 'Playing With A Different Sex':



Maybe I have some soft-maoist politics lingering in the background somewhere. Chairman Bob, here I come, comrade. Or maybe I just want it plastered on a T shirt. (Probably a combo of the two.)

Until YouTube and Daily Motion tell me otherwise, the Au Pairs were too hardcore and post-punkish for music videos, so please settle for this performance of one of the best tracks from the album, 'Dear John', from the 1982 Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands ('Dear John' is 3 minutes 18 seconds into the clip):


What's with the bright sunshine in the clip? There's no sunshine in my Au Pairs world.

No comments: