Monday, December 11, 2006

"Go Home And Die"

Christ, I bet this clip is ancient , but like Stuart at From Despair To Where, I'm totally behind the times when it comes to matters relating to Chris Morris.

My double-barrelled excuse is that I've been in the States for a year and a half now, and also the embarassing revelation that - whispering this very quietly - I don't think that Chris Morris is the best thing since sliced bread. However, Stuart, as someone who probably wants to bear Charlie Brooker's lovechild, has no such excuse.

All the same, hat tip to Stuart for this funny clip of a spliced Bush speech from the manic wit of Chris Morris.

As I'm really behind the Bush bashing times, I'll also throw in a Backwords Bush countdown clock for free. I was looking for a Margaret Thatcher death clock, but it looks like Class War haven't got their act together yet on that pressing matter.

On related up-to-the-minute political matters, next week the blog will carry a ten thousand word essay on why I think Dickie is Tricky.

3 comments:

John said...

I even liked Nathan Barley, but the world it referred to was too insular and generational for a lot of people to get the joke, IMHO.

Reidski said...

That's a great clip.

And, to put my few words in about Chris Morris - fucking genius. As for Nathan Barley? I think my boy - who was 12 when he saw - has only laughed out louder watching it when there is a particularly top Simpsons episode on. And I'm not too old to have got it as you come across wankers like Barley in London almost every day, so I joined in the laughter!

Imposs1904 said...

Never saw Nathan Barley, so I can't even slag it.

On the Chris Morris, genius or not debate, I have to say that I never ever laughed out loud at an episode of Brass Eye or The Day Today, and that for me will always be the litmus test of what constitutes comedic genius.

So, by that scientific reckoning, this bloke has a higher genius quotient than Mr Morris.