Thursday, December 14, 2006

Snoop, it's a different kind of draw tomorrow

The draw for the last 16 of the Champions League takes place tomorrow. As mentioned previously on the blog, I think Celtic lucked out by finishing second in their group.

Now, all I ask is that they get drawn against one of the English clubs. I don't mind if it's Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool. It's Celtic's best chance of progressing to the last eight, what with their recent woeful away form in Europe. That, and the reverse hex of a comment/post from Reidski, where he goes into rant overdrive, decrying the woefulness of the current eleven and predicting that Celtic will be absolutely slaughtered.

UPDATE

It turns out that Celtic will be losing to Berlusconi's AC Milan over two legs. I can't see any other scenario after getting drawn against a club who are currently suffering a terrible season in Serie A and, therefore, have everything to play for in the Champions League.

Lyon to win this year's Champions League.

2 comments:

ajohnstone said...

So are you saying that Scotland's only hope of lifting a European trophy rests with Rangers

Reidski said...

My rants about Celtic being rubbish: it has hit me - all football is rubbish at the moment. We live in a time when there has never been so many mediocre teams and players around. So, with that thought in mind, I feel confident about taking on Milan. But I agree with your pick for the trophy - it's got to be Lyon!