Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Round 20: It shouldn't work, but it does




Darts Thrown: January 23rd 2019
Blog Written: May 22nd 2019

Highest Score: 120
Lowest Score: 2
Sixties: 19
100+: 3

Blogger's Note: Written in haste, so there will be spelling mistakes and slapdash grammar.

Look at the date this blog was written. A backlog, people. No specially selected book, as a backdrop with the piss-poor excuses for why I haven't read it. Just a the facts, mam. I have a lot of these to steam through. Maybe I'll provide the colour commentary once they are all on the blog.

. . .  And you just know that I will have mislaid at least one sheet.

But I will use the this rush through as a cheap excuse to post music videos from YouTube. Why not? I need a soundtrack whilst I do this. Next up is Men of North Country's cover version of the Human League's Mirror Man. I stumbled across this version on some Facebook group that I frequent, and I have to admit that it works - especially that guitar break in the middle - and that's something coming from me 'cos I'm usually steadfast in denying to like a cover version of a song that I love . . .  and I love this era Human League. They were so underrated. As someone mentioned in the Facebook comments to the original post, who knew Mirror Man was a lost Northern Soul classic? A good spot.

No comments: