Thursday, January 17, 2019

Round 13: It was 20 years ago today . . . or somewhere in that ballpark



Darts Thrown: January 17th 2019
Blog Written: May 3rd 2019

Highest Score: 100
Lowest Score: 4
Sixties: 15
100+: 1

Blogger's Note: Written in haste, so there will be spelling mistakes and slapdash grammar.

Look at the date it's posted. A backlog, people. Not specially selected book, as a backdrop with the piss-poor excuses for why I haven't read it. Just a the facts, mam. I have a lot of these to steam through. Maybe I'll provide the colour commentary once they are all on the blog. And you just know that I will have mislaid at least one sheet.

But I will use the this rush through as a cheap excuse to post music videos from YouTube. Why not? I need a soundtrack whilst I do this. Next song up is Madonna's 'Beautiful Stranger'. Why? Don't quote me on this, but it's probably the last single I ever bought. (Buying old singles off the internet do not count.)  Was it really released in 1999? Christ, almighty. Twenty years ago? I'm in the midst of a mid-life crisis . . .  shouldn't I be buying singles right now? Maybe I'll rectify that at some point.

All I can remember about this is that I bought as a cassingle, and I bought it in London. That means I probably bought it in Oxford Street. It's still a canny enough song. Never saw the film. I'm sure it was 'g-r-r-r-r-r-eat.

No comments: