Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Round 19: Going way back



Darts Thrown: January 21/22 2019
Blog Written: May 22nd 2019

Highest Score: 140
Lowest Score: 3
Sixties: 20
100+: 2

Blogger's Note: Written in haste, so there will be spelling mistakes and slapdash grammar.

Look at the date this blog was written. A backlog, people. No specially selected book, as a backdrop with the piss-poor excuses for why I haven't read it. Just a the facts, mam. I have a lot of these to steam through. Maybe I'll provide the colour commentary once they are all on the blog.

. . .  And you just know that I will have mislaid at least one sheet.

But I will use the this rush through as a cheap excuse to post music videos from YouTube. Why not? I need a soundtrack whilst I do this. Next up is The Byrds performing the Goffin/King classic, 'Goin' Back'. Some people insist that Dusty Springfield's version is better but I can't see it myself. (And I did give it a listen.).

According to the wiki page for the song, the Byrds recording song actually created a rift between David Crosby and the rest of the band, which is a shame 'cos that rift resulted in the classic Byrds line up parting ways. Still one of my favourite bands from the 60s, up there with The Kinks and The Beatles:

No comments: