Friday, January 18, 2019

Round 17: 90s please (not a darts reference, peeps)



Darts Thrown: January 18th 2019
Blog Written: May 15th 2019

Highest Score: 140
Lowest Score: 4
Sixties: 13
100+: 1

Blogger's Note: Written in haste, so there will be spelling mistakes and slapdash grammar.

Look at the date this blog was written. A backlog, people. No specially selected book, as a backdrop with the piss-poor excuses for why I haven't read it. Just a the facts, mam. I have a lot of these to steam through. Maybe I'll provide the colour commentary once they are all on the blog.

. . .  And you just know that I will have mislaid at least one sheet.

But I will use the this rush through as a cheap excuse to post music videos from YouTube. Why not? I need a soundtrack whilst I do this. Next up is . . . well, to be honest, I'm still listening to that Paul Weller track from Round 16. It's good, isn't it? I really like that laid back groove. I guess, if I'm having to find a song to fill the gap - and I won't go for the obvious of picking an early 70s Isley Brothers track - then the groove of the Weller track makes me think of this old pop/rap standard from the 1991. Cheesy as fuck, I know but I still think this track is a stone cold classic. I'm guessing it's the Kool and the Gang sample that makes it, but that seems a bit unfair to Will Smith.  It's his version that I first knew and loved, and just because I can't give a tuppeny fuck for his acting career, there's no need for me to begrudge him his proper accolades for what is one of the all time great summer songs.

'Summertime' by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince:

No comments: