Wednesday, May 25, 2005

If This Was An MP3 Blog . . .

. . . Mommy and Daddy's 'Confection' would be the sort of song I would be uploading to this blog, and urging you to listen to, so you can share in my excellent taste in music. (I'll get a slap for that outburst of self-aggrandisement.)
The blurb on the InSound website describes them as: " . . . .a tag team steel cage match between Le Tigre, Motörhead, B-52s and The Misfits. " I'm not sure if I can hear that myself, but I defintely think there is a bit of the Glitter Band on 'Confection', and from what I've heard of their other material on their excellent website here, I can hear a bit of early Pil on some of their tracks. Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's a bit lazy saying: 'They are great 'cos they sound like such and such . . .' but bearing in mind they are girl/boy duo from out of the States, at least I haven't fallen back on the lazy White Stripes/Fiery Furnaces comparisons.
From having a quick scan of their band bio on the website, they have been around for a few years, and it looks like, if nothing else, they are moving in the right circles: "The duo has supported such post-punk luminaries as Suicide, James Chance and the Contortions, Thurston Moore and ESG, as well as their contemporaries - Hot Hot Heat, The Rogers Sisters, TV on the Radio, The Walkmen, Ted Leo, Daniel Johnston, and Gogogo Airheart."
OK, I can't provide a direct link to the song but if you click on this page, it's the second song at the top of the page and all you have to do is right click and save it on your hard drive. It's so easy and straightforward that even a Rangers supporter could follow the instructions.

3 comments:

Alister said...

Ah, a musical recommendation thread. Check out Ambulance Ltd
http://www.ambulancenyc.com/
Go to their web site and download the mp3 for 'Stay Where you Are'.
Then go see them at the Venue in a couple of weeks. I certainly plan to.

Bill said...

Heard a great joke this week - what goes Beep, beep, beep...?

The Celtic open-top bus reversing back into the garage!

Imposs1904 said...

Mmmm - the one I heard was Celtic new's kit for next season will have the sponsor's Carling on the front with Bottled in Fir Park* on the back.

Naturally, I doubled up with laughter when I heard that one, and there are stil tears in my eyes when I think about it.

*Sorry, if you don't get that joke, I'm not posting an update explaining it. A joke is always spoiled when you have to explain the punchline. ;-)