Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Death Of The Sitcom

Damn, I knew them when they were so ultra-left the daleks from Planet ICC weren't prepared to meet their gaze for fear of being accused of centrism, but all great things must come to pass and May 9th 2005 will be forever associated in my mind with the news that the From Despair To Where team capitulated to "Parliamentary Cretinism", by way of wading through the "swamp" on their way to the polling booths on May 5th. (Sorry lads, couldn't resist.)
It's akin to when Mo Johnston signed for Rangers; or when the Manic Street Preachers didn't split up like they said they would after releasing Generation Terrorists; or even when I discovered that Emma Thompson wasn't Suzy Kettles in real life. Something inside me has died.
PS - You know I love you guys really. It's just that I didn't expect it so soon. Looks like Dave never will write that final chapter of his political autobiography.

2 comments:

Imposs1904 said...

Has to be Dave's sudden conversion to the broad church that is the Labour Party.

It didn't surprise me THAT much that Toby joined the Church when I think of that speaker's trick he used to do with that boomerang bible at speakers corner every Sunday morning.

Any chance of Dave retitling his autobiography: 'From Tory Boy To Tony's Boy'?

Imposs1904 said...

I won't spoil it whilst you are still getting so many comments on your blog. ;-)