Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Talk About The Passion*

For the bolded quote alone, an article worth checking out:
"Valdano is equally forthright when he accuses Liverpool fans of being complicit in this vandalism of the game. "Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion - and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable," he continued. "Put a shit hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a shit hanging from a stick."

The Guardian Sportsblog takes up the debate.

*After many years of denial, I'm getting back into R.E.M. Early R.E.M

2 comments:

Reidski said...

You're the second of my little gang of links to give this a plug today - I was going to do it myself until I found it at John's. it is a dynamite quote, really funny and totally accurate!

Simon said...

"After many years of denial, I'm getting back into R.E.M. Early R.E.M"

Good for you!