Thursday, February 16, 2006

Separated At Birth . . .

. . . Kaiser Chiefs, the major winners of this week's Brit Awards, and power/pop/punk Canadian band from the mid-seventies The Diodes. Don't believe me? If you get the chance, check out the Diodes best known song, 'Tired of Waking Up Tired.' The track could have been slipped in unnoticed as an album track on Employment, and there would have been no murmurings of disapproval.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not slagging the Kaiser Chiefs and/or their excellent debut album, and I'm definitely not suggesting that they have come down with a bad case of the 'Elasticas'. Just one of those daft things you notice when you are listening to too much music. Can you listen to too much good music? I'll let you know*.

*I know, I will be shot down in flames for that particularly snotty remark.

8 comments:

Jools said...

Talking of thee Brits I came across this comment on Paul Weller's performance on, of all places, the QPR messageboard:

"Memo to P. Weller:

Performing A Town Called Malice in your new American singing accent does not really work..... Much the same as if Parklife, My Old Man's a Dustman, Baggy Trousers, Chas & Daves' There Aint No Pleasin' You or Rabbit Rabbit were given the trans-Atlantic treatment - it sounds plain f***ing daft.
Just because you are a music legend does NOT give you the right to f**k with a classic song, even if you did write it, and in effect - own it.
Paul, only a real friend would tell you that.

Oh, and get your hair cut, you wrinkled Surrey tw*t."

Made me smile anyway :-)

Will said...

Well I didn't notice any of that malarkey.

I thought he was excellent as always and furthermore we all grow old.

Did you see the Brits over there Impy? Only thing worth watching it for was Weller. Modern music is shit.

I sound like my dad.

He's cool as well tho' but.

Will said...

Oh and by the way...

http://www.gentheoryrubbish.com/archives/000516.html

for a cockney he's not all bad...

Jools said...

Two words.

Dad. Rock.

;-)

Kara said...

Sorry, Darren, but that song sounds nothing like any Kaiser Chiefs song I've ever heard.

Imposs1904 said...

Kara,

you've got cloth ears. ;-)

hakmao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hakmao said...

BTW - the Kaiser Chiefs are pants! Thank you.