Friday, July 24, 2009

I'll win an Oscar nomination before he does spot*

Spotted locally:

Kevin Smith and Tracy Morgan filming the comedy A Couple of Dicks at our local subway station. When I spotted them filming at the station a few days previously, Kara thought I was joking about the film title until she imdb'd it and saw that it was directed by Smith, one of her favourite filmmakers.

I'm guessing the film's location manager picked the area for its very *special* ambience.

Tracy was in costume, Kevin Smith was larger than life and the film's other star, Bruce Willis, was nowhere to be seen. (Or rather, there's a lot of people who might look like Bruce Willis from a distance and we were in a hurry to get somewhere else.) He was about previously as the pic below indicates:

That's the exact same pose I adopt on the platform of 18th Avenue when I'm waiting for the F Train. It's the only way I can guarantee that I'll get a seat. (Pic from here.)

I'm not too sure what the film is about. A buddy cop movie with a title that is 30 years out of date is all I can glean from the imdb plot summary. I'm hoping that it will have the wit of a 48 Hours or a Midnight Run, and that my litter gets a walk-on role. I'll definitely be checking it out.

*The title of the post is the second cousin of this old post from the blog. I wasn't really being snotty.

No comments: