Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Catching Up

Just a quick one. Hopefully back to regular blogging in a matter of hours, maybe not. Added some new blogs to the sidebar: The Apostate Windbag is the blog of a Canadian operating out of Belgium. From the IST tradition but of a critical bent and likes Victor Serge enough to namecheck him more often than I mention Lubo Moravcik. Nice line in invective and wide range of blogging interests, and in one of his posts he even mentions that Canadian singer songwriter who isn't Joni Mitchell. And I was beginning to think that Hayden was the figment of one blogger's imagination.
Abstract Boy is more than just a blog, covering in the main the blogger's wide ranging interest in music that I'm terminally out of touch with. A nice line in photos from the gigs he attends as well. I've linked his blog for the extra hipster kudos, and it saves me buying the NME everyweek. I can just borrow his muso opinions and pass them off as my own, and use the money I save from not buying the NME for buying the Genesis back catalogue that I've always promised myself
Rullsenberg Rules blog was the source of the excellent Calvin & Hobbes as Fight Club link, and appears to be good pals with John from Counago and Spaves, but deserves special mention for her special pleading for Douglas Henshall, star of such excellent films as This Year's Love and the god like Orphans.

2 comments:

Victor S said...

Thanks for the link, Darren. And that Abstract Boy lad - my god he goes to a lot of gigs. But I can't give up my NME addiction, even now that the Brussels Waterstone's has bumped up the price to a full, fucking four euros a pop. I swear, the only thing that keeps me here is the 9.5 per cent beer.

Imposs1904 said...

"I swear, the only thing that keeps me here is the 9.5 per cent beer."

What, do mean that you are always that drunk that customs won't let you get on a plane?