Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Brattbakk Backpack*

Astralwerks has a wonderful roster of acts.

You can't go wrong with artists and groups as excellent as Craig Armstrong, the Beta Band, Badly Drawn Boy, Beth Orton and Radio 4 but my reason for namechecking Astralwerks in this post is to bring to the attention of as many people as possible the wonderful song (and accompanying video), 'I'd Rather Dance With You' by the Kings of Convenience.

I know the song is over a year old but I only stumbled across it a couple of days ago, and it has been lodged in my brain ever since. The rest of the album, Riot on An Empty Street, isn't too bad either but it does have a tendency to veer into China Crisis** territory occasionally, but more often than not they drag it back in time before the flourescent fingerless gloves get an airing.

*Don't ask.

** The obligatory eighties pop music reference. I'm already well aware of this blog's limitations.

2 comments:

Reidski said...

Don't you fucking dare slag off China Crisis! Black Man Ray, Seven Sports for All, Christian - all classics!

John said...

I thought Riot sounded more like a whimsical Nick Drake. How horrifying is that?