Thursday, January 13, 2005

Pickpocketing Normski (Part Two)

I've caught it just in time but Normski is doing one of his polls again. This time it is the top ten pop and rock songs of all time. I didn't take part in his previous polls that included the best Jazz Albums* of all time and the best Country Stars** of all time, but I don't need to be asked twice to inflict my taste in pop music on the world and its cousin (see passim blogs for exhaustive proof).
Normski has listed his long list of his top fifty songs, which suggests that he either has too much time on his hands or he is one of this blokes with a row of coloured felt tip pens in the top pocket of his shirt. Only joking, but I can't believe that in his top fifty, Norm has listed The Righteous Brothers 'Unchained Melody' but omitted the classic 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling'. That just doesn't make any sense at all.
I'll just cut to the chase and list my top ten. They are in no particular order, and I know that this time next week, the list will be totally different.
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
The Jam - That's Entertainment
Kristen Vigard - God Give Me Strength
The Smiths - This Charming Man
Rufus and Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
Abba - Dancing Queen
David Bowie - Heroes
Al Green - Let's Stay Together
Damn, I think Norm had the right idea. There are another forty songs I wanted to list. But the top ten isn't too bad: The right mixture of classic soul, guitar based pop and the downright kitsch to cover all the bases.
The poll closes this Sunday. To take part, email your top ten to Normski at normblog@yahoo.co.uk

* Okay, okay the proper link is here. ** Same drill - proper link here.

No comments: