Wednesday, January 22, 2020

New Year's Darts Resolutions (Updated)

There's been a development:

  • Hit two 180s in one day.
  • Hit fifty 180s in 2020.
  • Hit a high of 41 - as the lowest score - in a round.
  • Hit 60 sixties in a round.
  • Hit a 180 in a bar.
  • Towards the end of the year, join a pub team and, naturally, go down in flames in ignominious defeat.
Popped up to Mid-Manhattan and, for me, paid over the odds for a proper set of darts. 90% Tungsten Original 26 Gram Dart. I guess I'm already seeing the results. For the first time ever, I've hit two 180s in one day, thus scoring through one of my New Year's Darts Resolutions. Only five more to go.

Took an age finding the place but it was worthwhile. They allowed me to practice with the darts before purchasing, and I was able to go with the heavier dart. (Previously, I've used the 21 Gram Dart.) These darts just feel more solid.

When I walked in there were these two preppy guys in their late 20s, also looking to buy some darts and we took turns trying out the different darts on a practice board which was a bit of a novelty 'cos it was one of the old boards with the narrower trebles. It took me a few throws to get used to both the board and the darts but I was doing okay. The owner then said a couple of times that my throwing was intimidating the other guys which, in retrospect, I thought was a bit dickish of him. I wasn't throwing that well. I think I'd just been playing longer than the two preppy guys. I don't know.

Oh well, onto the other resolutions. I fear a few of them will take a while.

No comments: