Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Round 511 - Turn it off, kids . . .

 



Darts Thrown: October 7/8th 2020
Blog Written: October 12th 2020

Highest Score: 140
Lowest Score: 7
Sixties: 28
100+: 5
180s: 0
180s Missed: 1


Blogger's Note: Written in haste, so there will be spelling mistakes and slapdash grammar.

Really nothing to note with the dart stats. Very much middle of the road.

Onto the music. Someone just posted this on Facebook, and I love it. The Style Council performing 'Long Hot Summer' on the long forgotten Channel 4 music programme, Switch. Despite loving Style Council all these years, I was never really much of a fan of LHS. I always thought it was a bit too lightweight - I missed the 'controversy' about the video - and I associate it with a shit family holiday in Minorca. (Other songs associated with that horrorday include Level 42's 'The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up)', KC and the Sunshine Band's 'Give It Up' and Flash and the Pan's 'Waiting For A Train' . That's a mixtape I'll never be compiling.)

Back to the video. I just like this version 'cos of Weller's dubby bass playing. It's just a nice wee change.

Long Hot Summer - The Style Council (1983) Switch, Channel 4.




No comments: