Friday, May 01, 2020

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 01



What do you mean I can't do two song challenges simultaneously? It's End Days; I can't do whatever the fuck I want.

The Ten Album music challenge was bestowed upon me by an old schoolmate on Facebook. This one is also from Facebook, but this one I nicked from one of Kara's oldest friends back in the Mid West. I've been itching to do a good Song Challenge for ages now, and the good thing about this one is that I've been participating in it since the middle of last month on Facebook, so I don't need to think about it too much over the next few weeks. It's already sorted.

First up, a song with a 'color' in the title. I cheated, and picked a song title with two: the beautifully haunting 'Scattered Black and Whites' by Elbow. In retrospect I may have picked this song too soon in the Song Challenge, as it could have fitted a number of the upcoming days. (It might get a mention in later days.) I'm sure I discovered it via a music magazine compilation, which I'm not too sniffy about because I've found some great songs down the years via compilation tapes or CDs attached to the front of music papers or magazines. One of the few songs in my life that has actually moved me to tears. It must have been an especially bad day . . . 

No comments: