Monday, November 14, 2011

Lovely Thatch

If Meryl Streep's hair doesn't win the Best Special Effect Oscar at next year's Oscars I'll eat my bunnet. I wonder who they got to play Diana Gould in the film? A toss up between Judi Dench or Helen Mirren, I guess.

Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is playing who? Geoffrey Howe just sent Denis Healey a stick of Blackpool Rock with the words 'Fuck You' written through it.

Maybe it's just me, but if that trailer is anything to go by then Jim Broadbent and his prosthetic nose were seriously miscast as Denis. He really would have made an excellent Michael Foot.

2 comments:

Sam Scott said...

Um, I'm not too familiar with British history -- who is Giles from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" portraying? I don't recognize the guy in the picture...

Imposs1904 said...

He's portraying Geoffrey Howe in the movie, who was the Chancellor of the Exchequer at the time of the Falklands Conflict.

The Dennis Healey reference is because Howe was not considered the most charismatic of politicians and, after an exchange in the House of Commons, Healey referred to an attack from Howe as being akin to being "savaged by a dead sheep".