Thursday, April 30, 2020

The shit I post on Facebook . . . musical edition (Day 2)

Day 2 of my task, to choose 10 albums that greatly influenced my taste in music. One album per day for ten consecutive days. No explanations, no reviews, just album covers. Every day I will ask someone else to do the same... today I nominate RW Thank you for nominating me MR . . . 



"No explanations, no reviews, just album covers . .  ."

Total bullshit, of course. What hides behind what is possibly the crappiest album cover in the history of music is an absolutely wonderful compilation, and if you don't fall in love with The Byrds after listening to it, someone supply me with your name and address and I will forward on your death certificate. (Poor taste in times like these? Of course.)

Bought it on cassette in Hemel back in 88 or 89, and I played it to death when I first went to University. So many great tracks on there that I refuse to single any of them out. Being an old geezer, I can't remember if I bought this or Johnny Rogan's book on The Byrds, 'Timeless Flight' (bought in a bookshop on my one trip to Aylesbury) first. It must have been this compilation.

Check it out, blogging bots.

No comments: