Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The shit I post on Facebook . . . musical edition (Day 1)

Day 1 of my task, to choose 10 albums that greatly influenced my taste in music. One album per day for ten consecutive days. No explanations, no reviews, just album covers. Every day I will ask someone else to do the same... today I nominate JC Thank you for nominating me MR . . . 




"No explanations, no reviews, just album covers . .  ."

What total bullshit. Of course, I can't stop myself from explaining, ranting and reviewing in the comments:

  • "Of course they will all be from when I was 12 or 13. Such a fucking cliche."
  • " I was a bit young for this when it first came out, and I only found it after buying Luxury Gap. I'm sure I bought both cassettes within days of each other in '83. (Got the badges as well, of course. ;-) ) I love Luxury Gap as well, but this was the album of theirs that I played again and again and again. Listened to it again just a couple of days ago, and there's only one track that stops it from being an absolutely perfect album."
  • "Just noticed I'm being a total hypocrite in the comments section by going into extensive detail about why I love the album listed. Total wanker. Oh, well." (Some self-awareness, thank christ.)

No comments: