Saturday, January 19, 2019

Round 18: Cherish



Darts Thrown: January 19th 2019
Blog Written: May 15th 2019

Highest Score: 134
Lowest Score: 3
Sixties: 18
100+: 5

Blogger's Note: Written in haste, so there will be spelling mistakes and slapdash grammar.

Look at the date this blog was written. A backlog, people. No specially selected book, as a backdrop with the piss-poor excuses for why I haven't read it. Just a the facts, mam. I have a lot of these to steam through. Maybe I'll provide the colour commentary once they are all on the blog.

. . .  And you just know that I will have mislaid at least one sheet.

But I will use the this rush through as a cheap excuse to post music videos from YouTube. Why not? I need a soundtrack whilst I do this. Next up is, um, that Kool and the Gang track I was referencing in the last post. Am I half-assing it to plough through this backlog? Am I fuck. That particular ship sailed long ago. This is brilliant. Apparently there's a one-hour version of this track on YouTube. I need to bookmark it for future reference. It would drive everybody else in the house absolutely mad but I'd be too busy relaxing to notice. 

Back in the day, I always had a love/hate relationship with Kool and the Gang but that's because they'd gone down the cheesy as fuck road musical road in the early 80s. I guess bills had to be paid and it's what the punters in the Living Room Chasers and New York, New York wanted. Music in the 80s really did kill me as the decade wore on. I never got over it.

Enough of how the 80s failed me, here's 'Summer Madness' by Kool and the Gang. There's another 37 versions of this song available on YouTube. I suggest you group them all into a playlist and turn your phone off for two and a half days:

No comments: