Monday, June 05, 2006

A Musical Exclusive From My Sitemeter

The Observer Monthly Magazine thought they had nailed it a few years back when they crowned Duran Duran's version of Public Enemy's '911 Is A Joke' as the worst cover version in the history of popular music but, courtesy of a google search that my sitemeter uncovered, I think I've got the low down on what will be the young pretender to knock the Duranies off their throne.

Don't quote me on this, but don't be surprised if it is revealed in the music press in the coming weeks or months or years that this bloke is going to be doing a cover version this classic album.

This blog isn't used to exclusives, so I'm not sure if my first email should be to Popbitch with this heady news or to this Edwardian blogger to give him due warning. The original recording is one of his all time favourite albums, and I fear that if the news catches him unawares he may choke on one of those ginster pasties he so loves to scoff down.

No comments: