Monday, June 11, 2012

The Next 30 Day Song Challenge - day 11

Day 11 - Your favourite one-hit wonder

A hard 'yin. 

I guess (technically) this qualifies as a one hit wonder, though I know so much of their other work that I could never think of them as a one single band. And there was so much great dance music back in the day that could fall into the category of OHW, but when I think of 'one hit and they were gone', for some reason, I think of The Lotus Eaters and their number 15 hit from 1983, 'The First Picture of You':


Despite the fact that I've always loved this song, I was always a bit hard on them for some reason.   Something about them really irritated me. I think it was the guitarist's haircut. I guess I wasn't the only one, and despite possessing a clutch of good songs, they'll always be remembered for just the one.

No comments: