Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You . . .

If I was a Supermarket I would, at this point, be dishing out the fancy food hamper and the ten days in Mykonos but as my current finances only allows me to stretch to this, I'll just say a nice big thank you to the unknown New Yorker who, a few minutes ago, became the fifty thousandth visitor after stumbling across the blog via this search.

The blog has been going for just over two years, and in that time there has been 468 posts - with another 327 posts languishing in draft - involving such wide ranging subjects as Glasgow Celtic, eighties pop music, the vagaries of being a member of the SPGB in the 21st century and . . . er, that's about it. Oh,and there's also been a tendency for me to pepper my posts with bad jokes, piss-poor puns and the annoying habit of alliteration in every other paragraph.

Apart from friends and family, most visitors to the blog arrive via image searches for Bono, Banksy and a bare-arsed Kika Markham, and a few of those have even stuck around longer than the usual dreaded sitemeter eyesore of '0.00 seconds'. I give you a slobbery big thanks as well.

Here's to the next fifty thousand visitors, and the next 300 potential posts left in draft.

PS Even if you haven't asked, I'm telling you anyway. This is my all-time favourite post on the blog as it combines irreverance with the minutiae of ultra-left sectarianism: A killer combination in anyone's book.

3 comments:

Reidski said...

50,000 - wow, well done my man! Then again, well done for what? 50,000 people coming across your site by mistake? Tee hee hee :-)

voltaires_priest said...

Do the ICC still exist?

Imposs1904 said...

They do. They've actually got quite a snazzy looking website.

I met the US section a wee while back. They seemed strangely normal.